The Event Study Methodology since 1969
AbstractThis paper discusses the event study methodology, beginning with FFJR (1969), including hypothesis testing, the use of different benchmarks for the normal rate of return, the power of the methodology in different applications and the modeling of abnormal returns as coefficients in a (multivariate) regression framework. It also focuses on frequently encountered statistical problems in event studies and their solutions. Copyright 1998 by Kluwer Academic Publishers
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting.
Volume (Year): 11 (1998)
Issue (Month): 2 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://springerlink.metapress.com/link.asp?id=102990
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Brian Lucey* School of Business and Institute for International Integration Studies,Trinity College Dublin Aleksandar Ševic, School of Business, Trinity College Dublin, 2009.
"Investigating the Determinants of Banking Coexceedances in Europe in the Summer of 2008,"
The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series
- Lucey, Brian & Sevic, Aleksandar, 2010. "Investigating the determinants of banking coexceedances in Europe in the summer of 2008," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 275-283, July.
- Thorsten Lübbers, 2009. "Is Cartelisation Profitable? A Case Study of the Rhenish Westphalian Coal Syndicate, 1893-1913," Working Paper Series of the Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods 2009_09, Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods.
- Devaney, Michael, 2012. "Financial crisis, REIT short-sell restrictions and event induced volatility," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 219-226.
- Demirer, RIza & Kutan, Ali M., 2010. "The behavior of crude oil spot and futures prices around OPEC and SPR announcements: An event study perspective," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 1467-1476, November.
- John J. García & Francesc Trillas, 2012.
"Regulatory Reform and Corporate Control in European Energy Industries,"
DOCUMENTOS DE TRABAJO CIEF
010664, UNIVERSIDAD EAFIT.
- John J. García and Francesc Trillas, 2012. "Regulatory Reform and Corporate Control in European Energy Industries," RSCAS Working Papers 2012/30, European University Institute.
- Detre, Joshua D. & Gunderson, Michael A., 2011. "The Triple Bottom Line: What is the Impact on the Returns to Agribusiness?," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IAMA), vol. 14(4).
- Al-Yahyaee, Khamis H. & Pham, Toan M. & Walter, Terry S., 2011. "The information content of cash dividend announcements in a unique environment," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 606-612, March.
- Niquidet, Kurt, 2008. "Revitalized? An event study of forest policy reform in British Columbia," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 227-241, November.
- Estelle P. Dauchy & Sebastien Bradley & Makoto Hasegawa, 2013.
"Investor Valuations of Japan's Adoption of a Territorial Tax Regime: Quantifying the Direct and Competitive Effects of International Tax Reform,"
w0201, Center for Economic and Financial Research (CEFIR).
- Bradley, Sebastien & Dauchy, Estelle & Hasegawa, Makoto, 2013. "Investor Valuations of Japan's Adoption of a Territorial Tax Regime: Quantifying the Direct and Competitive Effects of International Tax Reform," Department of Economics Working Paper Series 2013-2, LeBow College of Business, Drexel University.
- Fernandes, Nuno & Lel, Ugur & Miller, Darius P., 2010.
"Escape from New York: The market impact of loosening disclosure requirements,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 95(2), pages 129-147, February.
- Nuno Fernandes & Ugur Lel & Darius P. Miller, 2009. "Escape from New York: the market impact of loosening disclosure requirements," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Jan.
- Cheng, Ai-Ru & Jahan-Parvar, Mohammad R. & Rothman, Philip, 2010.
"An empirical investigation of stock market behavior in the Middle East and North Africa,"
Journal of Empirical Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 413-427, June.
- Cheng, Ai-ru & Jahan-Parvar, Mohammad R. & Rothman, Philip, 2009. "An Empirical Investigation of Stock Market Behavior in the Middle East and North Africa," MPRA Paper 13437, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Szymon Okoń, 2012. "Investor Reaction to Mandatory Offers on the Warsaw Stock Exchange," Contemporary Economics, University of Finance and Management in Warsaw, vol. 6(2), June.
- Thoenes, Stefan, 2011. "Understanding the Determinants of Electricity Prices and the Impact of the German Nuclear Moratorium in 2011," EWI Working Papers 2011-6, Energiewirtschaftliches Institut an der Universitaet zu Koeln.
- Cañón-de-Francia, Joaquín & Garcés-Ayerbe, Concepción & Ramírez-Alesón, Marisa, 2008. "Analysis of the effectiveness of the first European Pollutant Emission Register (EPER)," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 83-92, August.
- Chen, Haiqiang & Choi, Paul Moon Sub, 2012. "Does information vault Niagara Falls? Cross-listed trading in New York and Toronto," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 175-199.
- Robert Ferstl & Sebastian Utz & Maximilian Wimmer, 2012. "The Effect of the Japan 2011 Disaster on Nuclear and Alternative Energy Stocks Worldwide: An Event Study," BuR - Business Research, German Academic Association for Business Research, vol. 5(1), pages 25-41, May.
- Sun, Changyou & Liao, Xianchun, 2011. "Effects of litigation under the Endangered Species Act on forest firm values," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 388-398.
- Białkowski, Jędrzej & Etebari, Ahmad & Wisniewski, Tomasz Piotr, 2012. "Fast profits: Investor sentiment and stock returns during Ramadan," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 835-845.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.