Does Store Brand Patronage Improve Store Patronage?
AbstractWe investigate the relationship between a household's store brand patronage and store patronage through its impact on store revenues and profits. The nature of the relationship will help answer the question: Do store brands contribute to greater store differentiation or to greater price sensitivity in the market? Our results show support for the store differentiation argument.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Review of Industrial Organization.
Volume (Year): 24 (2004)
Issue (Month): 2 (03)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100336
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dubois, Pierre & Jodar-Rosell, Sandra, 2010.
"Price and Brand Competition between Differentiated Retailers: A Structural Econometric Model,"
TSE Working Papers
10-159, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Dubois, Pierre & Jodar-Rosell, Sandra, 2010. "Price and Brand Competition between Differentiated Retailers: A Structural Econometric Model," IDEI Working Papers 604, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Dubois, Pierre & Jodar Rosell, Sandra, 2010. "Price and Brand Competition between Differentiated Retailers: A Structural Econometric Model," CEPR Discussion Papers 7847, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Sergio Meza & K. Sudhir, 2010. "Do private labels increase retailer bargaining power?," Quantitative Marketing and Economics, Springer, vol. 8(3), pages 333-363, September.
- Paolo Sckokai & Claudio Soregaroli, 2008. "Impact of private label development across retail formats: Evidences from the Italian dairy market," Review of Agricultural and Environmental Studies - Revue d'Etudes en Agriculture et Environnement, INRA Department of Economics, vol. 87(2), pages 27-47.
- Kusum Ailawadi & Eric Bradlow & Michaela Draganska & Vincent Nijs & Robert Rooderkerk & K. Sudhir & Kenneth Wilbur & Jie Zhang, 2010.
"Empirical models of manufacturer-retailer interaction: A review and agenda for future research,"
Springer, vol. 21(3), pages 273-285, September.
- Ailawadi, K.H. & Bradlow, E.T. & Draganska, M. & Nijs, V. & Rooderkerk, R.P. & Sudhir, K. & Wilbur, K.C. & Zhang, J., 2010. "Empirical models of manufacturer-retailer interaction: A review and agenda for future research," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-4163972, Tilburg University.
- Mercedes Martos-Partal & Óscar González-Benito, 2011. "Store brand and store loyalty: The moderating role of store brand positioning," Marketing Letters, Springer, vol. 22(3), pages 297-313, September.
- Gabrielsen, Tommy Staahl & SÃ¸rgard, Lars, 2000.
"Private Labels, Price Rivalry, and Public Policy,"
University of California at Santa Barbara, Economics Working Paper Series
qt8wh900ks, Department of Economics, UC Santa Barbara.
- Bergès, Fabian & Bontems, Philippe & Réquillart, Vincent, 2007. "L'impact économique du développement des marques de distributeurs," IDEI Working Papers 455, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Raj Sethuraman, 2009. "Assessing the External Validity of Analytical Results from National Brand and Store Brand Competition Models," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 28(4), pages 759-781, 07-08.
- Daunfeldt, Sven-Olov & Orth, Matilda & Rudholm, Niklas, 2008. "Does the Quality of Store Brands Affect the Number of National Brand Suppliers?," HUI Working Papers 18, HUI Research.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.