AbstractNecessary conditions characterizing optimal nonlinear multiproduct tariffs are derived from aggregate data about customers' responses to linear tariffs. These conditions are amenable to numerical solution with standard software by using a discrete formulation of an associated nonlinear optimization problem cast in terms of the marginal prices charged for incremental bundles. This approach avoids integrability restrictions that otherwise encumber the computations. However, this method does not ensure that customers' second-order conditions for optimality of their demands are satisfied. Some numerical examples are provided, and the extension of the method to Ramsey pricing is also demonstrated. Copyright 1991 by Kluwer Academic Publishers
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Regulatory Economics.
Volume (Year): 3 (1991)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100298
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Guy Ho Wang, 2000. "On The Dynamic Incentive of Price-Quality Differentiation By A Monopolist Firm," International Economic Journal, Korean International Economic Association, vol. 14(1), pages 33-45.
- Jehiel, Phillipe & Moldovanu, Benny & Stacchetti, E., 1997.
"Multidimensional Mechanism Design for Auctions with Externalities,"
Sonderforschungsbereich 504 Publications
97-04, Sonderforschungsbereich 504, Universität Mannheim & Sonderforschungsbereich 504, University of Mannheim.
- Jehiel, Philippe & Moldovanu, Benny & Stacchetti, Ennio, 1999. "Multidimensional Mechanism Design for Auctions with Externalities," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 85(2), pages 258-293, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.