Land Prices and Land Assembly in the CBD
AbstractThere is substantial empirical evidence of price concavity in the parcel-size dimension across land-use types and across urban regions. This article examines the degree to which concavity varies between the Central Business District (CBD) and the rest of the urban area. The article provides strong empirical support that the degree of concavity within the CBD is lower than in the rest of the county. Although concavity may be the dominant pricing relationship throughout most urban areas, there is some evidence of the presence of a convex price structure within the urban center. Copyright 1999 by Kluwer Academic Publishers
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Real Estate Finance & Economics.
Volume (Year): 18 (1999)
Issue (Month): 2 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=102945
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Coulson, N. Edward & Li, Herman, 2010. "The effect of risk on the effect of a land tax: A simulation," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(6), pages 530-537, November.
- Gabriel Ahlfeldt & Wolfgang Maennig, 2007.
"Impact of Sports Arenas on Land Values: Evidence from Berlin,"
0703, International Association of Sports Economists & North American Association of Sports Economists.
- Gabriel Ahlfeldt & Wolfgang Maennig, 2010. "Impact of sports arenas on land values: evidence from Berlin," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 44(2), pages 205-227, April.
- Peter Colwell & Henry Munneke, 2009. "Directional Land Value Gradients," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 39(1), pages 1-23, July.
- Geerte Cotteleer & Tracy Stobbe & G. Cornelis van Kooten, 2007.
"Bayesian Model Averaging in the Context of Spatial Hedonic Pricing: An Application to Farmland Values,"
2007-07, University of Victoria, Department of Economics, Resource Economics and Policy Analysis Research Group.
- Geerte Cotteleer & Tracy Stobbe & G. Cornelis van Kooten, 2011. "Bayesian Model Averaging In The Context Of Spatial Hedonic Pricing: An Application To Farmland Values," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 51(3), pages 540-557, 08.
- Loch, Adam, 2013. "Sequential decision-making: Theory and evidence for irrigator water allocation trade participation and volumetric choices," 2013 Conference (57th), February 5-8, 2013, Sydney, Australia 152199, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Baker, Matthew & Miceli, Thomas J., 2005.
"Land inheritance rules: theory and cross-cultural analysis,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 77-102, January.
- Matthew Baker & Thomas J. Miceli, 2000. "Land Inheritance Rules: Theory and Cross-Cultural Analysis," Working papers 2002-43, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics, revised May 2002.
- Tsai, Jyh-Fa & Chu, Chih-Peng, 2006. "Economic analysis of collecting parking fees by a private firm," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 40(8), pages 690-697, October.
- Munneke, Henry J., 2005. "Dynamics of the urban zoning structure: An empirical investigation of zoning change," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(3), pages 455-473, November.
- Ecker, Mark D. & Isakson, Hans R., 2005. "A unified convex-concave model of urban land values," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 265-277, May.
- Miceli, Thomas J. & Sirmans, C.F., 2007. "The holdout problem, urban sprawl, and eminent domain," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(3-4), pages 309-319, November.
- Gabriel Ahlfeldt, 2007. "If Alonso Was Right: Accessibility as Determinant for Attractiveness of Urban Location," Working Papers 012, Chair for Economic Policy, University of Hamburg.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.