SISAM and MIXIN: Two Algorithms for the Computation of Posterior Moments and Densities Using Monte Carlo Integration
AbstractTwo algorithms and corresponding Fortran computer programs for the computation of posterior moments and densities using the principle of importance sampling are described in detail. The first algorithm makes use of a multivariate Student "t" importance function as approximation of the posterior. It can be applied when the integrand is moderately skew. The second algorithm makes use of a decomposition: a multivariate normal importance function is used to generate directions (lines) and one-dimensional classical quadrature is used to evaluate the integrals defined on the generated lines. The second algorithm can be used in cases where the integrand is possibly very skew in any direction. Citation Copyright 1992 by Kluwer Academic Publishers.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Society for Computational Economics in its journal Computer Science in Economics & Management.
Volume (Year): 5 (1992)
Issue (Month): 3 (August)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ardia, David & Baştürk, Nalan & Hoogerheide, Lennart & van Dijk, Herman K., 2012. "A comparative study of Monte Carlo methods for efficient evaluation of marginal likelihood," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 56(11), pages 3398-3414.
- David Ardia & Nalan Basturk & Lennart Hoogerheide & Herman K. van Dijk, 2010. "A Comparative Study of Monte Carlo Methods for Efficient Evaluation of Marginal Likelihoods," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 10-059/4, Tinbergen Institute.
- Nalan Basturk & Lennart Hoogerheide & Anne Opschoor & Herman K. van Dijk, 2012. "The R Package MitISEM: Mixture of Student-t Distributions using Importance Sampling Weighted Expectation Maximization for Efficient and Robust Simulation," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 12-096/III, Tinbergen Institute.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.