Derivative Asset Pricing with Transaction Costs: An Extension
AbstractThis paper examines the optimal perfect hedging (super-replication) of an option by a cash-plus-riskless asset portfolio within the context of the binomial model. The cases discussed here were not covered by the earlier studies of Boyle and Vorst (1992) and Bensaid, Lesne, Pages and Scheinkman (1992). It is argued that these cases are empirically important, and that there is some indication that they are encountered very often in practice in the Swiss options market. A new algorithm is developed to compute the option price lower bound (bid price) for such cases. It is then shown that, for most such cases, the portfolio hedging the short call when replication is not optimal coincides with the Merton (1973) lower bound. Citation Copyright 1997 by Kluwer Academic Publishers.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Society for Computational Economics in its journal Computational Economics.
Volume (Year): 10 (1997)
Issue (Month): 4 (November)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Constantinides, George M. & Perrakis, Stylianos, 2002.
"Stochastic dominance bounds on derivatives prices in a multiperiod economy with proportional transaction costs,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 26(7-8), pages 1323-1352, July.
- George M. Constantinides & Stylianos Perrakis, 2002. "Stochastic Dominance Bounds on Derivative Prices in a Multiperiod Economy with Proportional Transaction Costs," NBER Working Papers 8867, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tokarz, Krzysztof & Zastawniak, Tomasz, 2006. "American contingent claims under small proportional transaction costs," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 65-85, December.
- Alet Roux, 2007. "The fundamental theorem of asset pricing under proportional transaction costs," Papers 0710.2758, arXiv.org.
- Nan Zhang & Alet Roux & Tomasz Zastawniak, 2011. "Parallel Binomial American Option Pricing with (and without) Transaction Costs," Papers 1110.2477, arXiv.org.
- Andreas L\"ohne & Birgit Rudloff, 2011. "An algorithm for calculating the set of superhedging portfolios in markets with transaction costs," Papers 1107.5720, arXiv.org, revised Dec 2013.
- Perrakis, Stylianos & Lefoll, Jean, 2004. "The American put under transactions costs," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 28(5), pages 915-935, February.
- Zachary Feinstein & Birgit Rudloff, 2013. "A comparison of techniques for dynamic multivariate risk measures," Papers 1305.2151, arXiv.org, revised Oct 2013.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.