Border Effects Between U.S. And Mexico
AbstractI use disaggregated good prices data for U.S. and Mexican cities for nine categories of consumer prices to estimate the ¡°border effect¡¯ on U.S. - Mexican relative price and find that for all the categories of goods it is an order of magnitude larger than for U.S. - Canadian prices (13.22 versus 2.25 for the CPI) However, during a very stable period in Mexico (May 1988 to November 1994), the ¡°width¡± of the border falls dramatically for all the categories of goods analyzed (3.22 versus 13.22 for the CPI).
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Chung-Ang Unviersity, Department of Economics in its journal Journal Of Economic Development.
Volume (Year): 31 (2006)
Issue (Month): 1 (June)
Exchange Rates; Disaggregated Good Prices; Border Effect;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F30 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - General
- F40 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - General
- F41 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Open Economy Macroeconomics
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Neil Balchin, Lawrence Edwards and Asha Sundaram, 2014. "A Disaggregated Analysis of Product Price Integration in the Southern African Development Community," Working Papers 421, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Alessio Emanuele BIONDO, 2010. "The Law of One Price: Survey of a Failure," Theoretical and Practical Research in Economic Fields, ASERS Publishing, vol. 0(2), pages 168 - 182, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Changhui Kang).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.