Myopia, Liquidity Constraints, and Aggregate Consumption: The Case of Greece
AbstractIn this paper we investigate the behaviour of aggregate consumption in Greece. In particular, we document the empirical failure of the Life-Cycle/Permanent Income Hypotheses. The empirical findings imply that this failure is due to the presence of Liquidity Constraints rather than Myopia.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Chung-Ang Unviersity, Department of Economics in its journal Journal Of Economic Development.
Volume (Year): 27 (2002)
Issue (Month): 1 (June)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Campbell, John Y. & Mankiw, N. Gregory, 1990.
"Permanent Income, Current Income, and Consumption,"
3353762, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Milton Friedman, 1957. "Introduction to "A Theory of the Consumption Function"," NBER Chapters, in: A Theory of the Consumption Function, pages 1-6 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nicholas Apergis & Erotokritos Varelas & Kostas Velentzas, 2000. "Money supply, consumption and deregulation: the case of Greece," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 7(6), pages 385-390.
- Milton Friedman, 1957. "A Theory of the Consumption Function," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number frie57-1.
- Manoel Bittencourt & Chance Mwabutwa & Nicola Viegi, 2012.
"Financial Reforms and Consumption Behaviour in Malawi,"
201210, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Chance Mwabutwa & Manoel Bittencourt & Nicola Viegi, 2012. "Financial Reforms and Consumption Behaviour in Malawi," Working Papers 306, Economic Research Southern Africa.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kyttack Hong).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.