The Delivery and Control of Quality in Supplier-Producer Contracts
AbstractWe model the effect of contract parameters such as price rebates and after-sales warranty costs on the choice of quality by a supplier, the inspection policy of a producer, and the resulting end product quality. Both noncooperative and cooperative settings are explored. The paper's contribution is to highlight the importance of strategic and contractual issues in quality management.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by INFORMS in its journal Management Science.
Volume (Year): 41 (1995)
Issue (Month): 10 (October)
quality control; inspection; game theory;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tapiero, Charles, 2003. "Risk Management: An Interdisciplinary Framework," ESSEC Working Papers DR 03014, ESSEC Research Center, ESSEC Business School.
- Aust, Gerhard & Bräuer, Ina & Buscher, Udo, 2014. "A note on “Quality investment and inspection policy in a supplier-manufacturer supply chain”," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 234(3), pages 910-915.
- Xie, Gang & Yue, Wuyi & Wang, Shouyang & Lai, Kin Keung, 2011. "Quality investment and price decision in a risk-averse supply chain," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 214(2), pages 403-410, October.
- Lauren Xiaoyuan Lu & Jan A. Van Mieghem & R. Canan Savaskan, 2006. "Incentives for Quality through Endogenous Routing," Discussion Papers 1436, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Reyniers, Diane J. & Tapiero, Charles S., 1995. "Contract design and the control of quality in a conflictual environment," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 82(2), pages 373-382, April.
- Iida, Tetsuo, 2012. "Coordination of cooperative cost-reduction efforts in a supply chain partnership," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 222(2), pages 180-190.
- Lee, Chang Hwan & Rhee, Byong-Duk & Cheng, T.C.E., 2013. "Quality uncertainty and quality-compensation contract for supply chain coordination," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 228(3), pages 582-591.
- Gurnani, Haresh & Gerchak, Yigal, 2007. "Coordination in decentralized assembly systems with uncertain component yields," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 176(3), pages 1559-1576, February.
- Xie, Gang & Wang, Shouyang & Lai, K.K., 2011. "Quality improvement in competing supply chains," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 134(1), pages 262-270, November.
- Dionisia Tzavara & Adrienne Héritier, 2011. "Quality and Environmental Regulation: Verifying Compliance along the Supply Chain," RSCAS Working Papers 2011/16, European University Institute.
- Dionisia Tzavara and Adrienne Héritier, 2011. "Quality and Environmental Regulation: Verifying Compliance along the Supply Chain," EUI-RSCAS Working Papers 16, European University Institute (EUI), Robert Schuman Centre of Advanced Studies (RSCAS).
- Kim, Bowon, 2000. "Coordinating an innovation in supply chain management," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 123(3), pages 568-584, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.