Capital Equipment Analysis: The Required Rate of Profit
AbstractThe interest in capital equipment analysis that has been evident in the business literature of the past five years is the product of numerous social, economic, and business developments of the postwar period. No conclusive listing of these developments can be attempted here. However, four should be mentioned which are of particular importance in this search for a more systematic method for discovering, evaluating, and selecting investment opportunities. These are: (1) the high level of capital outlays (in absolute terms); (2) the growth in the size of business firms; (3) the delegation of responsibility for initiating recommendations from top management to the profit center, which has been part of the general movement toward decentralization; and (4) the growing use of "scientific management" in the operations of the business firm.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by INFORMS in its journal Management Science.
Volume (Year): 3 (1956)
Issue (Month): 1 (October)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Joseph L. Pagliari, Jr. & James R. Webb, 1995. "A Fundamental Examination of Securitized and Unsecuritized Real Estate," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 10(4), pages 381-426.
- Dimosthenis Hevas & Aphroditi Papadaki, 2001. "The information content of investment tax credits," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(1), pages 173-186.
- J. Luis Guasch, 2004. "Granting and Renegotiating Infrastructure Concessions : Doing it Right," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 15024, March.
- Hearn, Bruce & Piesse, Jenifer & Strange, Roger, 2012. "Islamic finance and market segmentation: Implications for the cost of capital," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 102-113.
- Heinrichs, Nicolas & Hess, Dieter & Homburg, Carsten & Lorenz, Michael & Sievers, Soenke, 2011. "Extended dividend, cash flow and residual income valuation models: Accounting for deviations from ideal conditions," CFR Working Papers 11-11, University of Cologne, Centre for Financial Research (CFR).
- David F. Babbel & Craig Merrill, 1997. "Economic Valuation Models for Insurers," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 97-44, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Batsch, Laurent, 1999. "Endettement, « free cash-flows » et création de valeur : trois remarques," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/2172, Paris Dauphine University.
- Marianne Rubinstein, 2008. "Le marché de l’immobilier résidentiel en France : évolutions récentes et perspectives," Revue d'Économie Financière, Programme National Persée, vol. 91(1), pages 143-163.
- Catherine Bruneau & Ch. Duval-Kieffer & J. P. Nicolai, 2000. "Managing funds in the US market: how to distinguish between transitory distortions and structural changes in the stock prices?," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(2), pages 146-162.
- Abdelaziz Rouabah, 2006. "L'identité de Fisher et l'interaction entre l'inflation et la rentabilité des actions: l'importance des régimes sous-jacents aux marchés boursiers," BCL working papers 18, Central Bank of Luxembourg.
- Fernandez, Pablo, 2005. "Financial literature about discounted cash flow valuation," IESE Research Papers D/606, IESE Business School.
- André F. Perold, 2004. "The Capital Asset Pricing Model," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 18(3), pages 3-24, Summer.
- Bagella, Michele & Becchetti, Leonardo & Carpentieri, Andrea, 2000. ""The first shall be last". Size and value strategy premia at the London Stock Exchange," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(6), pages 893-919, June.
- Fabre-Azéma, Flavie, 2002. "Etude des méthodes d’évaluation employées par les analystes financiers lors des introductions sur le Second Marché de la Bourse de Paris," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/9153, Paris Dauphine University.
- Imad Zeyad Ramadan, 2013. "Dividend Policy and Price Volatility. Empirical Evidence from Jordan," International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences, Human Resource Management Academic Research Society, International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences, vol. 3(2), pages 15-22, April.
- Fochmann, Martin & Rumpf, Dominik, 2008. "Modellierung von Aktienanlagen bei laufenden Umschichtungen und einer Besteuerung von Veräußerungsgewinnen," arqus Discussion Papers in Quantitative Tax Research 59, arqus - Arbeitskreis Quantitative Steuerlehre.
- Parienté, Frédéric, 2003. "Revisiting Ohlson's Equity Valuation Model," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/4142, Paris Dauphine University.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:14:y:2008:i:1:p:1-17 is not listed on IDEAS
- Prem Jain & Joshua Rosett, 2006. "Macroeconomic variables and the E/P ratio: Is inflation really positively associated with the E/P ratio?," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 27(1), pages 5-26, August.
- José Miguel Melo, 2011. "Estratégia Militar e Gestão de Activos: Uma Visão Heurística," Working Papers de GestÃ£o (Management Working Papers) 01, Faculdade de Economia e Gestão, Universidade Católica Portuguesa (Porto).
- James R. Webb & K.W. Chau & L.H. Li, 1997. "Past and Future Sources of Real Estate Returns in Hong Kong," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 13(3), pages 251-272.
- Marc Schwartz & Eric Bayle, 2005. "A quoi servent les analystes financiers ?," Revue d'Économie Financière, Programme National Persée, vol. 81(4), pages 211-235.
- Meitner, Matthias, 2003. "Option-Style Multi-Factor Comparable Company Valuation for Practical Use," ZEW Discussion Papers 03-76, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Lally, Martin, 2011. "Optimal dividend policy, debt policy and the level of investment within a multi-period DCF framework," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 21-40, January.
- Chen Xiang LIU & Mohamed El Hedi AROURI, 2008. "Stock craze: an empirical analysis of PER in Chinese equity market," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 14(1), pages 1-17.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.