Development of a Tool for Measuring and Analyzing Computer User Satisfaction
AbstractThis paper reports on a technique for measuring and analyzing computer user satisfaction. Starting with the literature and using the critical incident interview technique, 39 factors affecting satisfaction were identified. Adapting the semantic differential scaling technique, a questionnaire for measuring satisfaction was then created. Finally, the instrument was pilot tested to prove its validity and reliability. The results of this effort and suggested uses of the questionnaire are reported here.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by INFORMS in its journal Management Science.
Volume (Year): 29 (1983)
Issue (Month): 5 (May)
computers: systems design/operation; information systems; management; utility/performance; multi-attribute;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Vanpoucke, E. & Boyer, K. & Vereecke, A., 2009.
"Supply chain information flow strategies: an empirical taxonomy,"
Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School Working Paper Series
2009-03, Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School.
- E. Vanpoucke & K. Boyer & A. Vereecke, 2009. "Supply Chain Information Flow Strategies: an empirical taxonomy," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 09/567, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Zhang, Zhe & Lee, Matthew K.O. & Huang, Pei & Zhang, Liang & Huang, Xiaoyuan, 2005. "A framework of ERP systems implementation success in China: An empirical study," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 98(1), pages 56-80, October.
- Sahin, Izzet & Zahedi, Fatemeh (Mariam), 2000. "Optimal policies under risk for changing software systems based on customer satisfaction," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 123(1), pages 175-194, May.
- Olivier Glassey, 2010. "eGovernment: Does IT save time?," Post-Print hal-00599187, HAL.
- Brown, Susan A. & Venkatesh, Viswanath & Kuruzovich, Jason & Massey, Anne P., 2008. "Expectation confirmation: An examination of three competing models," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 105(1), pages 52-66, January.
- Bruggen, G.H. van & Wierenga, B., 2005. "When are CRM Systems Successful? The Perspective of the User and of the Organization," Research Paper ERS-2005-048-MKT, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus Uni.
- Sundarraj, R. P. & Talluri, Srinivas, 2003. "A multi-period optimization model for the procurement of component-based enterprise information technologies," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 146(2), pages 339-351, April.
- Martinez-Lorente, Angel R. & Sanchez-Rodriguez, Cristobal & Dewhurst, Frank W., 2004. "The effect of information technologies on TQM: An initial analysis," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 89(1), pages 77-93, May.
- Segars, A. H., 1997. "Assessing the unidimensionality of measurement: a paradigm and illustration within the context of information systems research," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 107-121, February.
- Hunton, James E. & Gibson, Dana, 1999. "Soliciting user-input during the development of an accounting information system: investigating the efficacy of group discussion," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 24(7), pages 597-618, October.
- Guimaraes, Tor & Yoon, Youngohc & Clevenson, Aaron, 1997. "Empirically testing ES success factors in business process reengineering," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(2-3), pages 245-259, June.
- Pijl, G.J. van der, 1994. "Quality of information and the goals and targets of the organization: A model and method," Research Memorandum 660, Tilburg University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Stamatiadis, Filippos & Eriotis, Nikolaos, 2011. "Evolution of the Governmental Accounting Reform implementation in Greek Public Hospitals: Testing the institutional framework," MPRA Paper 28816, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sum, Chee-Chuong & Quek, Ser-Aik & Lim, Hoon-Eng, 1999. "Analysing interaction effects on MRP implementation using ACE," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(3), pages 303-318, January.
- Gary Fleischman & Kenton Walker & Eric Johnson, 2010. "A field study of user versus provider perceptions of management accounting system services," International Journal of Accounting and Information Management, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 18(3), pages 252-285, September.
- Caridi, Maria & Crippa, Luca & Perego, Alessandro & Sianesi, Andrea & Tumino, Angela, 2010. "Do virtuality and complexity affect supply chain visibility?," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 127(2), pages 372-383, October.
- S. Abrahão & G. Poels & O. Pastor, 2004. "Comparative Evaluation of Functional Size Measurement Methods: An Experimental Analysis," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 04/234, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Gelderman, Maarten, 1997. "The relation between user information satisfaction, usage of management support systems and performance," Serie Research Memoranda 0043, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Gregory A. Baker, 1993. "Success factors affecting computer-based information system performance in agribusiness," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 9(4), pages 309-316.
- Zanakis, Stelios H. & Mandakovic, Tomislav & Gupta, Sushil K. & Sahay, Sundeep & Hong, Sungwan, 1995. "A review of program evaluation and fund allocation methods within the service and government sectors," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 59-79, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.