The Shapley Value as Aircraft Landing Fees--Revisited
AbstractWe examine the axiomatic basis of the Shapley value when applied to the problem of allocating the cost of a runway among different-sized users. Our approach is to begin with a model of airport-problems and then to list---within the model---certain natural properties which an allocation ought to satisfy. It is shown that these lead uniquely to the Shapley value.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by INFORMS in its journal Management Science.
Volume (Year): 28 (1982)
Issue (Month): 8 (August)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Norde, Henk & Fragnelli, Vito & Garcia-Jurado, Ignacio & Patrone, Fioravante & Tijs, Stef, 2002.
"Balancedness of infrastructure cost games,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 136(3), pages 635-654, February.
- Danny Ben-Shahar & Yongheng Deng & Eyal Sulganik, 2006. "Shapley Cost Allocation Coincides with Relative Status: The Case of Skyscrapers," Working Paper 8567, USC Lusk Center for Real Estate.
- Hougaard, Jens Leth & Tvede, Mich & Østerdal, Lars Peter, 2013. "Cost Sharing in Chains and Other Fixed Trees," Discussion Papers of Business and Economics 12/2013, Department of Business and Economics, University of Southern Denmark.
- Tijs, S.H. & Koster, M.A.L., 1998.
"General aggregation of demand and cost sharing methods,"
Open Access publications from Tilburg University
urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-79248, Tilburg University.
- Tijs, S.H. & Koster, M.A.L., 1996. "General Aggregation of Demand and Cost Sharing Methods," Discussion Paper 1996-87, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Casas-Mendez, Balbina & Garcia-Jurado, Ignacio & van den Nouweland, Anne & Vazquez-Brage, Margarita, 2003. "An extension of the [tau]-value to games with coalition structures," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 148(3), pages 494-513, August.
- Jens Leth Hougaard & Mich Tvede, 2011. "Incremental Cost Sharing in Chains and Fixed Trees," MSAP Working Paper Series 02_2011, University of Copenhagen, Department of Food and Resource Economics.
- Chun, Youngsub & Kayi, Ãağatay & Yeh, Chun-Hsien, 2008. "Consistency and the sequential equal contributions rule for airport problems," Research Memorandum 039, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Koster, M.A.L. & Molina, E. & Sprumont, Y. & Tijs, S.H., 1998. "Core Representations of the Standard Fixed Tree Game," Discussion Paper 1998-21, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.