Multiperiod Consumption and Investment Behavior with Convex Transactions Costs
AbstractThe effect of convex transactions costs on consumers' derived utility functions and on optimal consumption and investment decisions is examined in a general multiperiod framework. The extent to which multiperiod consumption-investment behavior and capital market equilibrium may be studied in a single period framework is discussed. Optimal investment policy, in terms of a region of no transactions, is shown to be of a particularly simple form.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by INFORMS in its journal Management Science.
Volume (Year): 25 (1979)
Issue (Month): 11 (November)
finance: investment criteria; decision analysis: sequential; utility/preference: theory;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Constantinides, George M. & Jackwerth, Jens Carsten & Perrakis, Stylianos, 2007.
"Option Pricing: Real and Risk-Neutral Distributions,"
11637, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jens Carsten Jackwerth & George M. Constantinaides & Stylianos Perrakis, 2005. "Option Pricing: Real and Risk-Neutral Distributions," CoFE Discussion Paper 05-06, Center of Finance and Econometrics, University of Konstanz.
- Leland, Hayne E., 1999. "Optimal Portfolio Management with Transactions Costs and Capital Gains Taxes," Research Program in Finance, Working Paper Series qt0fw6k0hm, Research Program in Finance, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Ramos, Sofia B. & von Thadden, Ernst-Ludwig, 2008.
"Stock exchange competition in a simple model of capital market equilibrium,"
Journal of Financial Markets,
Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 284-307, August.
- Sofia B. RAMOS & Ernst-Ludwig VON THADDEN, 2003. "Stock Exchange Competition in a Simple Model of Capital Market Equilibrium," FAME Research Paper Series rp109, International Center for Financial Asset Management and Engineering.
- Daniel J. Kovenock & Michael Rothschild, 1985. "Notes on the Effect of Capital Gains Taxation on Non-Austrian Assets," NBER Working Papers 1568, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Constantinides, George M. & Perrakis, Stylianos, 2002.
"Stochastic dominance bounds on derivatives prices in a multiperiod economy with proportional transaction costs,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 26(7-8), pages 1323-1352, July.
- George M. Constantinides & Stylianos Perrakis, 2002. "Stochastic Dominance Bounds on Derivative Prices in a Multiperiod Economy with Proportional Transaction Costs," NBER Working Papers 8867, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Victor de Miguel & Alberto Martín Utrera & Francisco J. Nogales, 2013. "Parameter uncertainty in multiperiod portfolio optimization with transaction costs," Statistics and Econometrics Working Papers ws132119, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Estadística y Econometría.
- Víctor de Miguel & Xiaoling Mei & Francisco J. Nogales, 2013. "Multiperiod portfolio selection with transaction and market-impact costs," Statistics and Econometrics Working Papers ws131615, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Estadística y Econometría.
- Terrance Odean, 1998. "Volume, Volatility, Price and Profit When All Traders Are Above Average," Finance 9803001, EconWPA.
- Terrance Odean., 1996. "Volume, Volatility, Price and Profit When All Trader Are Above Average," Research Program in Finance Working Papers RPF-266, University of California at Berkeley.
- Li, Wei & Lam, Kin, 2002. "Optimal market timing strategies under transaction costs," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 97-108, April.
- Dai, Min & Wang, Hefei & Yang, Zhou, 2012. "Leverage management in a bull–bear switching market," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 36(10), pages 1585-1599.
- Loewenstein, Mark, 2000. "On optimal portfolio trading strategies for an investor facing transactions costs in a continuous trading market," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 209-228, March.
- Erindi Allaj, 2013. "Arbitrage pricing theory under transaction costs and application to the Tobin tax," Papers 1310.1882, arXiv.org, revised Oct 2013.
- Edison G. Yu, 2013. "Dynamic market participation and endogenous information aggregation," Working Papers 13-42, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Kozhan, Roman & Schmid, Wolfgang, 2009. "Asset allocation with distorted beliefs and transaction costs," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 194(1), pages 236-249, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.