Individual Differences and MIS Success: A Review of the Empirical Literature
AbstractOf the numerous factors believed to influence MIS success, the area of individual differences has by far been the most extensively studied. This paper synthesizes the findings of empirical investigations of the manner in which individual differences impact MIS success. Suggestions are made regarding those aspects which would benefit most from future research.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by INFORMS in its journal Management Science.
Volume (Year): 25 (1979)
Issue (Month): 10 (October)
management information systems; human behavior; performance;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Igbaria, M. & Iivari, J., 1995. "The effects of self-efficacy on computer usage," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 23(6), pages 587-605, December.
- Eom, Sean B., 1998. "Relationships between the decision support system subspecialities and reference disciplines: An empirical investigation," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 104(1), pages 31-45, January.
- Jörg Mayer & Robert Winter & Thomas Mohr, 2012. "Situational Management Support Systems," Business & Information Systems Engineering, Springer, vol. 4(6), pages 331-345, December.
- Moez Bellaaj, 2008. "Technologies De L'Information Et Performance Organisationnelle : Différentes Approches D'Évaluation," Post-Print halshs-00522342, HAL.
- Kalika, Michel & Pallud, Jessie & Elie-dit-Cosaque, Christophe, 2008. "The Influence of Work Environment On It-Specific Individual Differences: An Empirical Study," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/8266, Paris Dauphine University.
- Moustakis, Vassilis S., 1995. "CEG: A case based decision modeling architecture," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 84(1), pages 170-191, July.
- Gregory A. Baker, 1993. "Success factors affecting computer-based information system performance in agribusiness," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 9(4), pages 309-316.
- Lu, Hsi-Peng & Yu, Huei-Ju & Lu, Simon S. K., 2001. "The effects of cognitive style and model type on DSS acceptance: An empirical study," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 131(3), pages 649-663, June.
- Goodwin, Paul & Fildes, Robert & Lawrence, Michael & Nikolopoulos, Konstantinos, 2007. "The process of using a forecasting support system," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 391-404.
- Gary Fleischman & Kenton Walker & Eric Johnson, 2010. "A field study of user versus provider perceptions of management accounting system services," International Journal of Accounting and Information Management, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 18(3), pages 252-285, September.
- Robinson, Leroy Jr. & Marshall, Greg W. & Stamps, Miriam B., 2005. "Sales force use of technology: antecedents to technology acceptance," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 58(12), pages 1623-1631, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.