Risk-Sensitive Markov Decision Processes
AbstractThis paper considers the maximization of certain equivalent reward generated by a Markov decision process with constant risk sensitivity. First, value iteration is used to optimize possibly time-varying processes of finite duration. Then a policy iteration procedure is developed to find the stationary policy with highest certain equivalent gain for the infinite duration case. A simple example demonstrates both procedures.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by INFORMS in its journal Management Science.
Volume (Year): 18 (1972)
Issue (Month): 7 (March)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Karel Sladký, 2013. "Risk-Sensitive and Mean Variance Optimality in Markov Decision Processes," Czech Economic Review, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, vol. 7(3), pages 146-161, November.
- Pestien, Victor & Wang, Xiaobo, 1998. "Markov-achievable payoffs for finite-horizon decision models," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 101-118, January.
- Dellaert, N.P. & Frenk, J.B.G. & van Rijsoort, L.P., 1993. "Optimal claim behaviour for vehicle damage insurances," Econometric Institute Research Papers 11669, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Takayuki Osogami, 2012. "Iterated risk measures for risk-sensitive Markov decision processes with discounted cost," Papers 1202.3755, arXiv.org.
- Monahan, George E. & Sobel, Matthew J., 1997. "Risk-Sensitive Dynamic Market Share Attraction Games," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 149-160, August.
- Muller, Alfred, 2000. "Expected utility maximization of optimal stopping problems," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 122(1), pages 101-114, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.