Assessing the export performance in transition countries: the case of the Republic of Moldova
AbstractDespite their common legacy of central planning and of a new beginning in the ’90s, transition countries have achieved different export performances. Although there is not a consensus among economists on the dimension of exports impact on economic growth, the non-performance or poor performance of exports may indicate inadequate policy reforms that by consequence do hinder economic growth. The purpose of this paper is to make an assessment of performances that Republic of Moldova’s exports have achieved after 20 years of transition compared to other countries in Eastern Europe and Central Asia.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Institute of National Economy in its journal Romanian Journal of Economics.
Volume (Year): 33 (2011(XXI))
Issue (Month): 2(bis)(42) (December)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Casa Academiei, Calea 13 Septembrie nr.13, sector 5, Bucureşti 761172
Phone: 004 021 318.24.67
Fax: 004 021 318.24.67
Web page: http://www.ien.ro/
More information through EDIRC
transition; export performance; competitiveness; export concentration; trade specialization; Lafay index; medium and high-tech exports;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F13 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Policy; International Trade Organizations
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
- F43 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Economic Growth of Open Economies
- O11 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Macroeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
- O57 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Comparative Studies of Countries
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Valentina Vasile).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.