On the Italian ACE and its impact on enterprise performance: a PLS-path modeling analysis
AbstractIn 1998 Italy introduced a restricted version of an Allowance for Corporate Equity, called Dual Income Tax. Using data integrating Italy’s Institute for Statistics enterprise survey data and company accounts, we explore the effects of the Dual Income Tax on enterprise performance in 1998-2001. Firms benefiting from this allowance are simulated through the DIECOFIS corporate tax microsimulation model. The method to estimate enterprise performance is based on a structural equation model which allows us to compute a composite indicator given specific factors observed from enterprise activity. We find a positive impact of the Dual Income Tax on enterprise performance in that companies benefiting from this allowance outperformed non-eligible ones.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Interational Microsimulation Association in its journal International Journal of Microsimulation.
Volume (Year): 4 (2011)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://ima.natsem.canberra.edu.au/index.htm
Allowance for corporate equity; Microsimulation; Enterprise performance; PLS path-modeling; Structural equation model;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- H25 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Business Taxes and Subsidies
- H32 - Public Economics - - Fiscal Policies and Behavior of Economic Agents - - - Firm
- C13 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Estimation: General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Alexander Klemm, 2007.
"Allowances for Corporate Equity in Practice,"
CESifo Economic Studies,
CESifo, vol. 53(2), pages 229-262, June.
- Massimo Bordignon & Silvia Giannini & Paolo Panteghini, 2001. "Reforming Business Taxation: Lessons from Italy?," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer, vol. 8(2), pages 191-210, March.
- Robin Boadway & Neil Bruce, 1982.
"A General Proposition on the Design of a Neutral Business Tax,"
461, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Boadway, Robin & Bruce, Neil, 1984. "A general proposition on the design of a neutral business tax," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 231-239, July.
- repec:rtv:ceiswp:216 is not listed on IDEAS
- Michela Nardo & Michaela Saisana & Andrea Saltelli & Stefano Tarantola & Anders Hoffman & Enrico Giovannini, 2005. "Handbook on Constructing Composite Indicators: Methodology and User Guide," OECD Statistics Working Papers 2005/3, OECD Publishing.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gijs Dekkers).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.