The Importance Of Social Accounting Information Relative To Financial Accounting Information In Investment Decision-Making
AbstractThis study empirically tests the use and importance of social accounting information, relative to financial accounting information in investment decision-making within the British Water industry. The study involves an experiment which utilises a computerised investment decision task followed by a questionnaire. Results show that though investors use some social information in their decision-making, they consider financial information to be more important. The study is unique as it uses information board methodology - a tool more commonly found in psychology.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by IIUM Journal of Economis and Management in its journal IIUM Journal of Economics and Management.
Volume (Year): 7 (1999)
Issue (Month): 1 (June)
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C92 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Design of Experiments - - - Laboratory, Group Behavior
- M14 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - Corporate Culture; Diversity; Social Responsibility
- M41 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Accounting - - - Accounting
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gairuzazmi Mat Ghani).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.