La valoración intertemporal de activos: un análisis empírico para el mercado español de valores
AbstractIn this paper I carry out an empirical evaluation for the Spanish market data of an asset pricing model based on the proposal of Campbell (1993). Due to the loglinear aproximation to the budget constrain that the author makes, a model arises that does not need consumption data among the explanatory factors for the variations of expected returns of ten size portfolios, which are the market return and variables that are able to predict future returns. For the latter requirement, we choose as factors the dividend yield, the book-tomarket ratio, both aggregate, and an interest rate term structure. The results obtained suggest that the dividend yield and the book-to-market ratio, when are considered jointly, are relevant variables in the prediction and explanation of returns.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Fundación SEPI in its journal Investigaciones Economicas.
Volume (Year): 26 (2002)
Issue (Month): 3 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Investigaciones Economicas Fundación SEPI Quintana, 2 (planta 3) 28008 Madrid Spain
Web page: http://www.fundacionsepi.es/
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E44 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Miguel A. Martínez & Belén Nieto & Gonzalo Rubio & Mikel Tapia, 2002.
"Asset Pricing And Systematic Liquidity Risk: An Empirical Investigation Of The Spanish Stock Market,"
Business Economics Working Papers
wb026022, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Economía de la Empresa.
- Rubio Irigoyen, Gonzalo & Martínez Sedano, Miguel Angel & Nieto, Belén, 2003. "Asset pricing and systematic liquidity risk: an empirical investigation of the Spanish stock market," DFAEII Working Papers 2002-05, University of the Basque Country - Department of Foundations of Economic Analysis II.
- Grau-Grau, Alfredo Juan, 2014. "¿Puede un factor réplica del crecimiento económico futuro (PIB) explicar los rendimientos de los/News Related to Future Gross Domestic Product (GDP) Growth Factor on Asset Pricing on the Spanish St," Estudios de Economía Aplicada, Estudios de Economía Aplicada, vol. 32, pages 705-736, Mayo.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Isabel Sánchez-Seco).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.