An overview of research on revenue management: current issues and future research
AbstractThe paper provides a comprehensive review of the recent development of revenue management in different industries. We discuss research on different revenue management strategies including pricing, auctions, capacity control, overbooking and forecasting. Related issues such as economic concerns, customer perception, competition and consolidation, implementation, performance evaluation, and common techniques and approaches used for solving revenue management problems are also discussed. Finally, we give our suggestion on some important areas that warrant further research.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Inderscience Enterprises Ltd in its journal Int. J. of Revenue Management.
Volume (Year): 1 (2007)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.inderscience.com/browse/index.php?journalID=99
revenue management; yield management; research; review; strategies; pricing; auctions; capacity control; overbooking; forecasting; economic concerns; customer perception; competition; consolidation; implementation; performance evaluation.;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Guerriero, Francesca & Miglionico, Giovanna & Olivito, Filomena, 2012. "Revenue management policies for the truck rental industry," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 202-214.
- Choi, Tsan-Ming & Chow, Pui-Sze & Xiao, Tiaojun, 2012. "Electronic price-testing scheme for fashion retailing with information updating," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 140(1), pages 396-406.
- Grauberger, W. & Kimms, A., 2014. "Computing approximate Nash equilibria in general network revenue management games," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 237(3), pages 1008-1020.
- Guerriero, Francesca & Miglionico, Giovanna & Olivito, Filomena, 2014. "Strategic and operational decisions in restaurant revenue management," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 237(3), pages 1119-1132.
- Huang, Kuancheng & Lin, Chia-Yi, 2014. "A simulation analysis for the re-solving issue of the network revenue management problem," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 36-42.
- Kimms, Alf & Çetiner, Demet, 2012. "Approximate nucleolus-based revenue sharing in airline alliances," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 220(2), pages 510-521.
- Meissner, Joern & Strauss, Arne, 2012.
"Network revenue management with inventory-sensitive bid prices and customer choice,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 216(2), pages 459-468.
- Joern Meissner & Arne Strauss, 2008. "Network Revenue Management with Inventory-Sensitive Bid Prices and Customer Choice," Working Papers MRG/0008, Department of Management Science, Lancaster University, revised Apr 2010.
- Mohammad Mahdi Kashef & Azamat Uzbekov & Jorn Altmann & Matthias Hovestadt, 2013. "Comparison of Two Yield Management Strategies for Cloud Service Providers," TEMEP Discussion Papers 2013103, Seoul National University; Technology Management, Economics, and Policy Program (TEMEP), revised May 2013.
- Steinhardt, Claudius & Gönsch, Jochen, 2012. "Integrated revenue management approaches for capacity control with planned upgrades," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 223(2), pages 380-391.
- Yoon, Moon Gil & Lee, Hwi Young & Song, Yoon Sook, 2012. "Linear approximation approach for a stochastic seat allocation problem with cancellation & refund policy in airlines," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 23(C), pages 41-46.
- Dimitrios M. Emiris & Charis A. Marentakis, 2012. "Enhancement of revenue management strategies through location-aware m-auctions for logistics services," International Journal of Revenue Management, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 6(1/2), pages 102-126.
- Anand Iyengar & Ketan Suri, 2012. "Customer profitability analysis an avant-garde approach to revenue optimisation in hotels," International Journal of Revenue Management, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 6(1/2), pages 127-143.
- Joern Meissner & Arne Strauss, 2010.
"Improved Bid Prices for Choice-Based Network Revenue Management,"
MRG/0016, Department of Management Science, Lancaster University, revised Jan 2010.
- Meissner, Joern & Strauss, Arne, 2012. "Improved bid prices for choice-based network revenue management," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 217(2), pages 417-427.
- Geng, Na & Xie, Xiaolan, 2012. "Optimizing contracted resource capacity with two advance cancelation modes," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 221(3), pages 501-512.
- Nur’Hidayah Che Ahmat & Salleh Mohd Radzi & Mohd Salehuddin Mohd Zahari & Rosmaliza Muhammad & Azdel Abdul Aziz & Nor Azmi Ahmad, 2011. "The Effect Of Factors Influencing The Perception Of Price Fairness Towards Customer Response Behaviors," Journal of Global Management, Global Research Agency, vol. 2(1), pages 22-38, July.
- Hultkrantz, Lars, 2012. "A Note on High-Speed Rail Investments and Travelers’ Value of Time," Working Papers 2012:13, Örebro University, School of Business.
- Özkan, Can & Karaesmen, Fikri & Özekici, Süleyman, 2013. "Structural properties of Markov modulated revenue management problems," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 225(2), pages 324-331.
- Guadix, José & Cortés, Pablo & Onieva, Luis & Muñuzuri, Jesús, 2010. "Technology revenue management system for customer groups in hotels," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 63(5), pages 519-527, May.
- Nur’Hidayah Che Ahmat Author_Email: firstname.lastname@example.org & Salleh Mohd Radzi & Mohd Salehuddin Mohd Zahari & Rosmaliza Muhammad, 2011. "The Effect Of Factors Influencing The Perception Of Price Fairness Towards Customer Response Behaviors," 2nd International Conference on Business and Economic Research (2nd ICBER 2011) Proceeding 2011-169, Conference Master Resources.
- Haensel, Alwin & Koole, Ger, 2011. "Booking horizon forecasting with dynamic updating: A case study of hotel reservation data," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 942-960, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Graham Langley).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.