Defence Expenditure and Economic Growth in Malaysia: A Reassessment Using Bounds and Modified Wald Tests
AbstractThe purpose of this study is to reinvestigate the relationship between defence expenditure and economic growth in Malaysia, over the period from 1960 to 2006. The bounds testing procedure is used to examine the long-run equilibrium relationship between defence expenditure and economic growth. The bounds test suggests that the variables are co-movement in the long run, but defence expenditure and economic growth is negatively correlated in both the short and long run. Moreover, the MWALD test shows bilateral causality evidence.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by IUP Publications in its journal The IUP Journal of Public Finance.
Volume (Year): VI (2008)
Issue (Month): 2 (May)
Contact details of provider:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Muhammad, Shahbaz & Nuno, Carlos Leitão & Ghazi, Salah Uddin, 2012.
"Should Portuguese Economy Invest in Defense Spending? A Revisit,"
42289, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 26 Oct 2012.
- Shahbaz, Muhammad & Leitão, Nuno Carlos & Uddin, Gazi Salah & Arouri, Mohamed & Teulon, Frédéric, 2013. "Should Portuguese economy invest in defense spending? A revisit," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 805-815.
- Shahbaz Muhammad & Carlos Leitao Nuno & Salah Uddin Ghazi & Mohamed Arouri & Frederic Teulon, 2014. "Should Portuguese Economy Invest in Defense Spending? A Revisit," Working Papers 2014-380, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- Tang, Chor-Foon & Lau, Evan, 2011. "The Behaviour of Disaggregated Public Expenditures and Income in Malaysia," Review of Applied Economics, Review of Applied Economics, vol. 7(1-2).
- Shahbaz, Muhammad & Afza, Talat & Shabbir, Shahbaz Muhammad, 2011.
"Does defence spending impede economic growth? cointegration and causality analysis for Pakistan,"
30887, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 27 Mar 2011.
- Muhammad Shahbaz & Talat Afza & Muhammad Shahbaz Shabbir, 2013. "Does Defence Spending Impede Economic Growth? Cointegration And Causality Analysis For Pakistan," Defence and Peace Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(2), pages 105-120, April.
- Tiwari, Aviral & Shahbaz, Muhammad, 2011. "Does Defence Spending Stimulate Economic Growth in India?," MPRA Paper 30880, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 18 Apr 2011.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (G R K Murty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.