Post-Accession Trends Of Romania’S Agri-Food Trade
AbstractThe article aims to capture the main effects subsequent to Romania’s accession to UE-27 and integration in the common market, upon the external performances of the agricultural products. The analysis comprised both the evolution and structure of the commercial flows, determinant factors of the trade balance and the assessed relative unit value indices, on products aggregated by chapters, respectively, by sections of the C.N. Several positive influences on the food markets are reflected by attenuated import flows, although with a narrowed supply ranges, and also by the reduction of external agri-food trade deficit, however through less competitive exports rather than on account of imports. The empirical results indicate also negative aspects: a loss of domestic performance facing the growing external competition, trade disadvantages compared to EU products, dependence on imports of processed products and of animal origin, the low competitiveness of the processing sector being the main disadvantage in achieving higher revenue from exports.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Institute of Agricultural Economics in its journal Agricultural Economics and Rural Development.
Volume (Year): 7 (2010)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Casa Academiei, Calea 13 Septembrie nr.13, sector 5, Bucureşti 761172
Phone: 004 021 3182411
Fax: 004 021 3182411
Web page: http://www.eadr.ro/
More information through EDIRC
agri-food trade; unit value index; competitiveness; EU accession;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- Q17 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agriculture in International Trade
- C43 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Index Numbers and Aggregation
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
- F15 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Economic Integration
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jambor, Attila, 2013. "Comparative Advantages and Specialisation of the Visegrad Countries Agri-Food Trade," Acta Oeconomica et Informatica, Faculty of Economics and Management, Slovak Agricultural University in Nitra (FEM SPU) & Association of Agricultural Economists in Slovakia (APES), vol. 16(1).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Corina Saman).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.