Tomás Cabreira: um economista político num país de finanças avariadas
AbstractTomás António da Guarda Cabreira (1865-1918) stood out as an economist and politician, thanks to a large and diverse set of publications on economic and financial issues, in addition to his short political activity as member of parliament and senator after 1911 and as Minister of Finance from February to June 1914. The main purpose of this paper is to analyse the major aspects of his political economic thought, especially concerning his views on Portugal’s financial problems. Tomás Cabreira reveals himself as an economist who is liberal, pragmatic and eclectic from a doctrinal and theoretical perspective.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Faculdade de Economia, Universidade de Coimbra in its journal Notas Económicas.
Volume (Year): (2009)
Issue (Month): 29 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Av. Dias da Silva, 165, 3004-512 COIMBRA
Phone: + 351 239 790 500
Fax: + 351 239 40 35 11
Web page: http://notas-economicas.fe.uc.pt/index_en.htm
More information through EDIRC
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- B31 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought: Individuals - - - Individuals
- H8 - Public Economics - - Miscellaneous Issues
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jean-Stephane Mesonnier, 2007. "Interest rate gaps and monetary policy in the work of Henry Thornton: Beyond a retrospective Wicksellian reading," The European Journal of the History of Economic Thought, Taylor & Francis Journals, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(4), pages 657-680.
- Carlos Bastien & Cecília Campos, 2008. "António Oliveira Marreca: Um economista no parlamento," Notas EconÃ³micas, Faculdade de Economia, Universidade de Coimbra, Faculdade de Economia, Universidade de Coimbra, issue 27, pages 6-22, June.
- Fetter, Frank Whitson, 1975. "The Influence of Economists in Parliament of British Legislation from Ricardo to John Stuart Mill," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, University of Chicago Press, vol. 83(5), pages 1051-64, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sara Santos).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.