Italy’S Decline: Getting The Facts Right: Comment
AbstractBuilding on my discussion of the paper by Daveri - Jona-Lasinio (2005) on Italy’s economic decline, I first enlarge the perspective of their key findings by considering developments in the US and the European economy. Moreover, I take a different perspective that hinges on the literature on productivity and business cycle, providing theoretical and empirical arguments that lend support to alternative views. This pertains especially to the role of reallocation effects in aggregate productivity and the link between market liberalization and productivity dynamics.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by GDE (Giornale degli Economisti e Annali di Economia), Bocconi University in its journal Giornale degli Economisti e Annali di Economia.
Volume (Year): 67 (2008)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: via Sarfatti, 25 - 20136 Milano (Italy)
Web page: http://www.gde.unibocconi.it/
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- E23 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Production
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Francesco Carlucci, 2011. "Un'analisi quantitativa delle politiche di rientro dal disavanzo pubblico in Italia," Moneta e Credito, Economia civile, vol. 64(254), pages 135-175.
- Sterlacchini, Alessandro & Venturini, Francesco, 2011. "R&D and productivity in high-tech manufacturing: a comparison between Italy and Spain," MPRA Paper 30048, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Erika Somma).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.