La relazione tra struttura finanziaria e decisioni reali delle imprese: una rassegna critica dell'evidenza empirica
AbstractTheoretical literature suggests that firms’ financial structure affects their real decisions because of capital markets imperfections. Several empirical studies have been conducted to test this hypothesis. This survey illustrates the main results of this literature focusing on the effects of capital markets imperfections on firms’ real decisions: fixed capital investments, F&D investments, inventory investments, labour demand and profit margins determination. Unlike previous surveys on this topic, this paper includes empirical evidence on Italian firms and discusses recent contributions supporting the “managerial discretion theory” as an alternative explanation of the positive relationship between investments and financial variables.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by GDE (Giornale degli Economisti e Annali di Economia), Bocconi University in its journal Giornale degli Economisti e Annali di Economia.
Volume (Year): 57 (1998)
Issue (Month): 1 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: via Sarfatti, 25 - 20136 Milano (Italy)
Web page: http://www.gde.unibocconi.it/
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E22 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Capital; Investment; Capacity
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
- E44 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Laura Rondi & Alessandro Sembenelli, 1997. "Investment, Financial Factors and Business Fluctuations," CERIS Working Paper 199717, Institute for Economic Research on Firms and Growth - Moncalieri (TO).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Erika Somma).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.