Arithmetic Operations On Interactive Fuzzy Numbers In Financial Analysis
AbstractThis article presents the generalization of Zadeh’s extension principle for arithmetic operations on interactive fuzzy variables. Typical kinds of interactivity between financial analyses parameters in industrial enterprises are discussed later. These interactions make use of nonlinear programming methods necessary to calculate the values of selected financial indices expressed by the fuzzy numbers. The article presents the problem of nonlinear programming applied to calculating the values of these indices. Application of the fuzzy model simulation method is also proposed for executing the arithmetic operations on interactive fuzzy numbers. Also, an example of calculating the gross profit for two metallurgical companies is shown.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by International Association for Fuzzy-set Management and Economy (SIGEF) in its journal FUZZY ECONOMIC REVIEW.
Volume (Year): XVI (2011)
Issue (Month): 1 (May)
financial analyses; fuzzy arithmetic; simulation of fuzzy systems; extension principle;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C58 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Financial Econometrics
- C63 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computational Techniques
- G17 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Financial Forecasting and Simulation
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Aurelio Fernandez).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.