Valuation Of Industrial Giga-Investments: Theory And Practice
AbstractIndustrial giga-investments are long term irreversible very large, hundred million-class, industrial real investments that have a long building time. These investments are important to the companies undertaking them and to the economy as a whole. Giga-investments can sometimes even steer their markets. Giga-investments are different from financial and small real investments in many respects, but are often analysed and valued by using the same methods; this is most often not realistic and does not offer best possible decision support. In this paper we discuss and present industrial giga-investments. We discuss their special characteristics that require attention, when their profitability and value are analyzed. An industrial giga-investment case is presented and a numerical illustration of how industrial giga-investments can be valued with the pay-off method is presented.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by International Association for Fuzzy-set Management and Economy (SIGEF) in its journal FUZZY ECONOMIC REVIEW.
Volume (Year): XVI (2011)
Issue (Month): 1 (May)
industrial giga-investments; industrial real investments; pay-off method; real option valuation;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G31 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Capital Budgeting; Fixed Investment and Inventory Studies
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Aurelio Fernandez).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.