Capital Budgeting In Health Organizations: Application Of The Multicriteria Method Promethee V
AbstractThere are two outstanding characteristics of the capital budgeting process in health organizations: qualitative factors are considered in the decision process, and organizations are subject to severe financial constraints. The first of these characteristics suggests multicritera methods to be applied to the problem, and the second one recommends using mathematical programming techniques to select the feasible subset of alternatives that maximizes benefits. The proposal in this paper is to use the multicriteria method PROMETHEE V, based on a fuzzy outranking relationship, which meets both requirements. The analysis of the advantages and limitations of the method is illustrated with an application to an actual case.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by International Association for Fuzzy-set Management and Economy (SIGEF) in its journal FUZZY ECONOMIC REVIEW.
Volume (Year): VII (2002)
Issue (Month): 2 (November)
capital budgeting; multicriteria; outranking; PROMETHEE; hospitals;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
- I10 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Aurelio Fernandez).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.