Efectos sobre el bienestar social de las empresas con poder de mercado en México
AbstractThis paper shows that the individual welfare losses due to the exercise of market power in the service sectors are greater in relative terms for the consumers with higher incomes. However, after adding to those results the ones obtained for the case of consumer goods sold in non-competitive markets, the total welfare loss becomes relatively greater among the poorest consumers, as well as in the case of the most backward states.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Centro de Estudios de las Finanzas Públicas, H. Cámara de Diputados in its journal Finanzas Públicas.
Volume (Year): 1 (2009)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
monopoly; Cournot oligopoly; distributive effects; regional effects; income distribution; markets for services; Mexico;
Other versions of this item:
- Urzúa, Carlos M., 2009. "Efectos sobre el bienestar social de las empresas con poder de mercado en México," EGAP Working Papers 2009-05, Tecnológico de Monterrey, Campus Ciudad de México.
- L10 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - General
- L40 - Industrial Organization - - Antitrust Issues and Policies - - - General
- L80 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - General
- I31 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - General Welfare, Well-Being
- O14 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Industrialization; Manufacturing and Service Industries; Choice of Technology
- R20 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marcelina Sánchez) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Marcelina Sánchez to update the entry or send us the correct address.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.