Central bank tools and liquidity shortages
AbstractBank for International Settlements researchers Stephen Cecchetti and Piti Disyatat consider the implications of recent financial developments for the “lender-of-last-resort” function of central banks and whether traditional policymaking tools remain effective in the face of modern liquidity crises. Presented at "Central Bank Liquidity Tools and Perspectives on Regulatory Reform" a conference sponsored by the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, February 19-20, 2009.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Federal Reserve Bank of New York in its journal Economic Policy Review.
Volume (Year): (2010)
Issue (Month): Aug ()
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Clara Lia Machado & Carlos León & Miguel Sarmiento & Orlando Chipatecua, 2010.
"Riesgo Sistémico y Estabilidad del Sistema de Pagos de Alto Valor en Colombia: Análisis bajo Topología de Redes y Simulación de Pagos,"
BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA
007669, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Clara Machado & Carlos León & Miguel Sarmiento & Freddy Cepeda, 2011. "Riesgo Sistémico Y Estabilidad Del Sistema De Pagos De Alto Valor En Colombia: Análisis Bajo Topología De Redes Y Simulación De Pagos," ENSAYOS SOBRE POLÍTICA ECONÓMICA, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA - ESPE.
- Clara Lía Machado & Carlos León & Miguel Sarmiento & Freddy Cepeda & Orlando Chipatecua & Jorge cely, . "Riesgo Sistémico y Estabilidad del Sistema de Pagos de Alto Valor en Colombia: Análisis bajo Topología de Redes y Simulación de Pagos," Borradores de Economia 627, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Asani Sarkar, 2009. "Liquidity risk, credit risk, and the federal reserve’s responses to the crisis," Financial Markets and Portfolio Management, Springer, vol. 23(4), pages 335-348, December.
- Etienne B. Yehoue, 2009. "Emerging Economy Responses to the Global Financial Crisis of 2007-20+L427209," IMF Working Papers 09/265, International Monetary Fund.
- Selgin, George & Lastrapes, William D. & White, Lawrence H., 2012. "Has the Fed been a failure?," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 569-596.
- Paul Wachtel, 2011. "Central Banking for the 21st Century: An American Perspective," Working Papers 11-02, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Edward Nelson, 2011.
"Friedman's monetary economics in practice,"
Finance and Economics Discussion Series
2011-26, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Robert Eisenbeis, 2010. "The Financial Crisis: Miss-Diagnosis and Reactionary Responses," Atlantic Economic Journal, International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 38(3), pages 283-294, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Amy Farber).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.