The impact of discount rate changes on market interest rates
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City in its journal Economic Review.
Volume (Year): (1984)
Issue (Month): Jan ()
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rai, Anoop & Seth, Rama & Mohanty, Sunil K., 2007. "The impact of discount rate changes on market interest rates: Evidence from three European countries and Japan," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 905-923, October.
- Daniel L. Thornton, 1996. "The information content of discount rate announcements: what's behind the announcement effect?," Working Papers 1994-032, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Gasbarro, Dominic & Monroe, Gary S., 2004. "The impact of monetary policy candidness on Australian financial markets," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 35-46, February.
- Chen, Carl R. & Mohan, Nancy J. & Steiner, Thomas L., 1999. "Discount rate changes, stock market returns, volatility, and trading volume: Evidence from intraday data and implications for market efficiency," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 23(6), pages 897-924, June.
- Don Bredin & Gerard O’Reilly & Simon Stevenson, 2007. "Monetary Shocks and REIT Returns," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 35(3), pages 315-331, October.
- Thornton, Daniel L, 2000.
"Lifting the Veil of Secrecy from Monetary Policy: Evidence from the Fed's Early Discount Rate Policy,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 32(2), pages 155-67, May.
- Daniel L. Thornton, 1998. "Lifting the veil of secrecy from monetary policy: evidence from the Fed's early discount rate policy," Working Papers 1998-003, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Thornton, Daniel L., 2004. "The Fed and short-term rates: Is it open market operations, open mouth operations or interest rate smoothing?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 475-498, March.
- Daniel L. Thornton, 1996. "Discount rate policies of five Federal Reserve Chairmen," Working Papers 1996-001, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Grant McQueen & V. Vance Roley, 1990. "Stock Prices, News, and Business Conditions," NBER Working Papers 3520, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Manfred J.M. Neumann & Jens Weidmann, 1997. "The Information Content of German Discount Rate Changes," Macroeconomics 9706006, EconWPA.
- Michael Smirlock & Jess B. Yawitz, 1984. "Asset Returns, Discount Rate Changes and Market Efficiency," NBER Working Papers 1530, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Johnson, Robert R. & Buetow, Gerald W. & Jensen, Gerald R. & Reilly, Frank K., 2003. "Monetary policy and fixed income returns," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 133-146.
- Timothy Cook & Thomas Hahn, 1986. "The information content of discount rate announcements and their effect on market interest rates," Working Paper 86-05, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond.
- Kaen, Fred R. & Sherman, Heidemarie C. & Tehranian, Hassan, 1997. "The effects of Bundesbank discount and Lombard rate changes on German bank stocks," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 1-25, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (LDayrit).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.