Foreign Banks, Foreign Lending and Cross-Border Contagion: Evidence from the BIS Data (in English)
AbstractThe paper discusses the role of foreign banks and foreign lending in central and east European countries from the financial-stability perspective using Bank for International Settlements data on global banking. The pattern of foreign bank involvement in the region is analyzed and the risk of cross-border contagion explored, focusing on three topics: the maturity of cross-border exposures, the concentration of foreign creditors, and the existence of common creditors.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences in its journal Finance a uver - Czech Journal of Economics and Finance.
Volume (Year): 57 (2007)
Issue (Month): 1-2 (March)
contagion; banks; financial stability; common creditor;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F30 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - General
- F34 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - International Lending and Debt Problems
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sophie Brana & Delphine Lahet, 2009.
"La Présence De Banques Étrangères En Europe De L'Est : Quels Risques Financiers ?,"
- Brana, Sophie & Lahet, Delphine, 2010. "La présence de banques étrangères en Europe de l’Est quels risques financiers ?," Revue d'études comparatives Est-Ouest, Editions NecPlus, vol. 41(01), pages 35-62, March.
- Delphine Lahet, 2009. "Les Banques Étrangères En Asie Du Sud-Est : Le Rôle Des Local Claims," Working Papers hal-00616577, HAL.
- Frait, Jan & Gersl, Adam & Seidler, Jakub, 2011. "Credit growth and financial stability in the Czech Republic," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5771, The World Bank.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lenka Herrmannova).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.