Fondi strutturali, produttività e occupazione. Uno studio sulle regioni italiane
AbstractStructural Funds, Productivity and Employment: a Study on the Italian Regions (by Gianluigi Coppola, Sergio Destefanis) - ABSTRACT: Objectives In this paper we study the impact of the European Structural Funds on the convergence process of the 20 Italian administrative regions. We consider the four programming periods from 1989 to 2003. Methods and Results The method we apply allows to estimate the effects of the Funds on four sectors (agriculture, manufacturing, construction, services) of the Italian regional economies. It is also possible to evaluate separately their effects upon changes in total factor productivity and factor accumulation. Conclusions The results show that the Funds have a low but significant impact on capital accumulation as well as changes in employment and total factor productivity.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by FrancoAngeli Editore in its journal RIVISTA DI ECONOMIA E STATISTICA DEL TERRITORIO.
Volume (Year): 2007/2 (2007)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.francoangeli.it/riviste/sommario.asp?IDRivista=142
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Centorrino M. & Ofria F. & Farinella D., 2010. "Convergence and divergence processes between the Mezzogiorno and the Centre- North ten years after the adoption of the EMU," Rivista economica del Mezzogiorno, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 3, pages 453-486.
- Aiello Francesco & Pupo Valeria, 2011.
"Structural Funds and Economic Divide in Italy,"
ERSA conference papers
ersa10p136, European Regional Science Association.
- Francesco Aiello & Valeria Pupo, 2009. "Structural Funds And Economic Divide In Italy," Working Papers 200914, Università della Calabria, Dipartimento di Economia, Statistica e Finanza (Ex Dipartimento di Economia e Statistica).
- Aiello, Francesco & Pupo, Valeria, 2009. "Structural Funds and Economic Divide in Italy," MPRA Paper 17853, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Daniele VITTORIO, 2009. "Public Spending And Regional Convergence In Italy," Journal of Applied Economic Sciences, Spiru Haret University, Faculty of Financial Management and Accounting Craiova, vol. 4(2(8)_Summ).
- Aiello, Francesco & Pupo, Valeria, 2012. "Structural funds and the economic divide in Italy," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 403-418.
- Aiello, Francesco & Pupo, Valeria, 2009.
"Capacità di gestione, efficienza istituzionale e impatto dei Fondi Strutturali in Italia
[The Impact of Structural Funds in Italy]," MPRA Paper 14429, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Francesco Aiello & Valeria Pupo, 2009. "L’Impatto Dei Fondi Strutturali In Italia," Working Papers 200901, Università della Calabria, Dipartimento di Economia, Statistica e Finanza (Ex Dipartimento di Economia e Statistica).
- Pupo Valeria & Aiello Francesco, 2009. "L'impatto della politica regionale dell'Unione Europea. Uno studio sulle regioni italiane," Rivista italiana degli economisti, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 3, pages 421-454.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Angelo Ventriglia).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.