German and Italian manufacturing performances: a premise to a comparison
AbstractThis Special Issue of Economia e Politica Industriale/Journal of Industrial and Business Economics seeks to shed light on the reasons for the economic and industrial gap between Germany and Italy based on the discussions of five research papers. The contributions compare the microeconomic features of the two countries and investigate the competitiveness and internationalization of their economies. This introduction provides the readers with a structural overview to enable them to better understand the comparison, underscoring the few similarities and the main basic differences that characterize the two countries. It also provides a summary of the topics discussed in each of the five articles and reflects on why we believe the contributions offer an original reflection on the topic.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by FrancoAngeli Editore in its journal ECONOMIA E POLITICA INDUSTRIALE.
Volume (Year): 2012/2 (2012)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.francoangeli.it/riviste/sommario.asp?IDRivista=13
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
- L25 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Performance
- L52 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Industrial Policy; Sectoral Planning Methods
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nick Bloom & John Van Reenen, 2010.
"Why do Management Practices Differ Across Firms and Countries?,"
CEP Occasional Papers
26, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Nicholas Bloom & John Van Reenen, 2010. "Why Do Management Practices Differ across Firms and Countries?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 24(1), pages 203-24, Winter.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Angelo Ventriglia).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.