Investment, public resources and the transport system: some simulations with the astra-it model
AbstractTRT Trasporti e Territorio (Milano) The transport sector is facing big challenges, such as the need for reducing greenhouse gases and the pressure on fossil fuels price. Tackling such challenges requires structural changes and policy should play a steering role. Therefore, transport policy measures should be assessed for their wider impact on the economy and the environment. This paper presents the strategic model ASTRA-IT and its application for the analysis of the investment in developing innovative vehicles. The several results produced by the model suggest that investing in innovative vehicles can have positive effects on the economy, but the environmental impact can be small.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by FrancoAngeli Editore in its journal ECONOMICS AND POLICY OF ENERGY AND THE ENVIRONMENT.
Volume (Year): html10.3280/efe2012-001009 (2012)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.francoangeli.it/riviste/sommario.asp?IDRivista=10
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- R42 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Transportation Economics - - - Government and Private Investment Analysis; Road Maintenance; Transportation Planning
- Q51 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Valuation of Environmental Effects
- Q52 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Pollution Control Costs; Distributional Effects; Employment Effects
- L62 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Automobiles; Other Transportation Equipment
- L91 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Transportation: General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Angelo Ventriglia).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.