Bilancio della liberalizzazione del mercato dell'elettricità e del gas in Italia: 1999-2009
AbstractTen years after the liberalization of the electricity and gas market in Italy it is possible to draw an evaluation of the achievements. The three key objectives of the single market mentioned in the original proposal of the European Commission have been achieved differently in the power market and in the gas sector. The exchanges with foreign countries has increased in the gas sector, but not in the electricity. The security of supply in both sectors has grown thanks to the investments. The price for final consumers has two parts: the competitive and the regulated one. The industrial component has only marginally decreased. Instead the costs for network utilization diminished more sensibly due to regulator intervention. The convergence of Italian prices compared to those in Europe was more modest in the electricity than in the gas sector. The industrial structure in both sectors has changed a lot. Much more players are operating now and the degree of concentration in all segments fell. This announces an increase in competition. Finally, there was a significant international opening both because some Italian companies have made significant investments abroad and because many foreign companies, especially European, are now present in the Italian energy market.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by FrancoAngeli Editore in its journal ECONOMICS AND POLICY OF ENERGY AND THE ENVIRONMENT.
Volume (Year): html10.3280/efe2010-002001 (2010)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.francoangeli.it/riviste/sommario.asp?IDRivista=10
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D40 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure and Pricing - - - General
- D78 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Positive Analysis of Policy-Making and Implementation
- K23 - Law and Economics - - Regulation and Business Law - - - Regulated Industries and Administrative Law
- L11 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Production, Pricing, and Market Structure; Size Distribution of Firms
- L22 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Organization and Market Structure
- L94 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Electric Utilities
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Angelo Ventriglia).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.