Efficiency and Stability of National Borders
AbstractThis article reviews ideas and results from the politico-economic literature on the efficiency and stability of national borders. In particular, we discuss the relations between the determination of national borders and democratization, global economic integration, international and civil conflict, interregional redistribution, decentralization, and federalism.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Faculteit Economie en Bedrijfswetenschappen in its journal Review of Business and Economics.
Volume (Year): LIV (2009)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Secessions; economies of scale; heterogeneity costs; redistribution; decentralization;
Other versions of this item:
- E. Spolaore, 2009. "Efficiency and Stability of National Borders," Review of Business and Economic Literature, Intersentia, Intersentia, vol. 54(1), pages 4-22, March.
- F0 - International Economics - - General
- H1 - Public Economics - - Structure and Scope of Government
- H7 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Libman, Alexander Mikhailovich, 2009.
"Эндогенные Границы И Распределение Власти В Федерациях И Международных Сообществах
[ENDOGENOUS BOUNDARIES AND DISTRIBUTION O," MPRA Paper 16473, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ehrke, Jürgen, 2012. "How to assist separatists in breaking up a country... or, rather, not: The role of decentralization and development assistance," MPRA Paper 44045, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Hilde Roos) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Hilde Roos to update the entry or send us the correct address.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.