La subasta de activos financieros como estrategia para la reducción del costo de rescates bancarios originados por las crisis financieras
AbstractSince the seventies until the present many countries have experienced banking crises. These phenomena, which have been caused by a combination of both internal and external macro and microeconomic factors, have happened in both developed and undeveloped countries. They demonstrated the fragility of the financial system under the explosive growth in the volume of transactions and the growing complexity of financial instruments. This paper presents the factors that give rise to financial crises, outlines the decisions which the authorities initially took for its containment, as well as shows and analyzes the auction of financial assets as a strategy used to reduce the cost of resolution of itself.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Entelequia y Grupo Eumed.net (Universidad de Málaga) in its journal Entelequia. Revista Interdisciplinar.
Volume (Year): (2009)
Issue (Month): 9 (Spring)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.eumed.net/entelequia/
Banking crises; financial assets; bank bailouts;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- G29 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Other
- G34 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Mergers; Acquisitions; Restructuring; Corporate Governance
- H25 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Business Taxes and Subsidies
- H81 - Public Economics - - Miscellaneous Issues - - - Governmental Loans; Loan Guarantees; Credits; Grants; Bailouts
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lisette Villamizar).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.