Modelling Techniques for Life Premium Ratings
AbstractThe paper presents the modelling techniques used on international practice for establishing life premiums quota. Thus, the calculus techniques used by the insurers are generally based on a series of indicators named mortality indicators which mainly point out the insured persons’ survival probability, the death probability and life expectancy at certain age. In Romania, these indicators are settled by National Institute of Statistics and they represent the basis for the calculation of the premiums quotes and for the elaboration by the insurers of premium tables. The benefit for the policyholder is to obtain insurance at a fair and competitive price and for the insurer, to maintain the experience of its portfolio in line with mortality assumptions.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by European Research Studies Journal in its journal European Research Studies Journal.
Volume (Year): XI (2008)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.ersj.eu/
premium ratings; life insurance; modeling techniques; mortality indicators;
Other versions of this item:
- Mirela CRISTEA & Marijan CINGULA, 2008. "Modelling Techniques for Life Premium Ratings," Annals of University of Craiova - Economic Sciences Series, University of Craiova, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, vol. 1(36), pages 186-194, May.
- C81 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs - - - Methodology for Collecting, Estimating, and Organizing Microeconomic Data; Data Access
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
- G22 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Insurance; Insurance Companies; Actuarial Studies
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Carlos Pestana Barrosa & Milton Nektariosb & Nicolas Peypochc, 2009. "A Luenberger Index for the Greek Life Insurance Industry," European Research Studies Journal, European Research Studies Journal, vol. 0(4), pages 3-18.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Eleni Giannakopoulou).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.