Measuring Potential Output in the Agricultural Sector: The Case of Greece
AbstractThis paper attempts to estimate the potential output of the agricultural sector of the Greek economy and then to produce medium-term projections for it. The Hodrick-Prescott filter and the "production function" approach using cointegration techniques are used to estimate the potential agricultural output. Based on the regression results, projections for the potential agricultural output in Greece are made for the period 1996-2005, as an extrapolation of the trends of the last years.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by European Research Studies Journal in its journal European Research Studies Journal.
Volume (Year): I (1998)
Issue (Month): 3 (July - September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.ersj.eu/
Greek Agriculture; Potential Output; Output Gap; Production Function; Hodrick-Prescott Filter; Cointegration; Projections;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- Q10 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - General
- E23 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomics: Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Production
- C10 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - General
- C53 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Forecasting and Prediction Models; Simulation Methods
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Eleni Giannakopoulou).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.