El rezago social en áreas metropolitanas de México
AbstractLarge gaps exist in Mexico about production and analysis of small-scale territorial units. The paper addresses a new methodology for estimating the social backwardness for blocks of the metropolitan areas in Mexico. Based on The National Council for Evaluation of Social Development Policy (Coneval) methodology and using the 2010 Population and Housing Census, as an example, we estimate the index of social backwardness for blocks in the Monterrey metropolitan area. We have implemented two versions to compute the index and both of them suggest the rate of the population suffering from Very High social backwardness is substantially different rate from that presented by Coneval.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by El Colegio de México, Centro de Estudios Económicos in its journal Estudios Económicos.
Volume (Year): 28 (2013)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
social backwardness; small area statistics; metropolitan area; factor analysis; geographical targeting;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C43 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Index Numbers and Aggregation
- I31 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - General Welfare, Well-Being
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
- R58 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Regional Development Planning and Policy
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rocío Contreras).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.