Factores y relevancia geográfica del proceso de innovación regional en México, 1994-2006
AbstractThe aim of this work is to analyze some factors that a_ect the Mexican process of regional innovation during 1994-2006. Through the use of regression methodologies for count data we find a positive and significant effect of the foreign investment and the educative level on the innovative activity of the Mexican states. Also we find that the innovation process is highly dependent on the geographic location and the patents by multinational firms, which suggests in Mexico a process of technology learning is being formed rather than an innovation process, mainly among states geographically belonging to the center of the country.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by El Colegio de México, Centro de Estudios Económicos in its journal Estudios Económicos.
Volume (Year): 24 (2009)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Mexico; innovation; Poisson regression; multinacional firms; regional economics.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C41 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Duration Analysis; Optimal Timing Strategies
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
- O32 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Management of Technological Innovation and R&D
- R12 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Size and Spatial Distributions of Regional Economic Activity; Interregional Trade (economic geography)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Vicente German-Soto & Luis Gutiérrez Flores, 2010. "Time Series Tests of Structural Change among Innovation and Trade Liberalization in Mexico," Journal of the Knowledge Economy, Springer, vol. 1(3), pages 219-237, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rocío Contreras).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.