Poniendo a la pobreza de ingresos y a la desigualdad en el mapa de México
AbstractAThis paper presents income poverty and inequality estimates at the State and Municipal levels for Mexico. Our estimates allow for the mapping of poverty and inequality in the country, as well as for determining the specific contribution of each geographic unit to overall poverty. Additionally, it allows to measure inequality in disaggregated geographic spaces, and to decompose inequality in terms of the proportion due to within and between States and Municipalities. Our estimates are based on robust household income measures, generated with methodologies that allow for solving the common dilemma in welfare measurement, namely that there is either information with low quality measurement but high possibilities of disaggregation, or information with high quality measurement but representative only at aggregated levels.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by in its journal Economia Mexicana NUEVA EPOCA.
Volume (Year): XVI (2007)
Issue (Month): 2 (July-December)
Contact details of provider:
Other versions of this item:
- López-Calva, Luis F. & Meléndez, Alvaro & Rascón, Ericka G. & Rodríguez-Chammusy, Lourdes & Székely, Miguel, 2005. "Poniendo a la pobreza de ingresos y a la desigualdad en el mapa de México," EGAP Working Papers, TecnolÃ³gico de Monterrey, Campus Ciudad de MÃ©xico 2005-05, Tecnológico de Monterrey, Campus Ciudad de México.
- C15 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Statistical Simulation Methods: General
- I31 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - General Welfare, Well-Being
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
- O15 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ricardo Tiscareño).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.