Las redes de conocimiento en el espacio. Reflexiones de una geógrafa sobre la literatura de los sistemas regionales de innovación
AbstractThe present paper discusses the spatial levels of the knowledge nets. For this purpose it sets off with some of the basic ideas of territorialized innovation theories. The paper focuses on the implications of a high mobility and globalization of the knowledge nets and argues that nowadays the knowledge spaces evolve, regardless the regional or even national borders. It develops an alternative approach to the regional innovation systems. Such an approach suggests understanding the role of the different types of proximities in the development of the knowledge nets. The cognitive, society and geographic proximities are seen as elements that enable the knowledge interchange among individuals as well as among economic agents at different spatial levels.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Gobierno Vasco / Eusko Jaurlaritza / Basque Government in its journal EKONOMIAZ.
Volume (Year): 70 (2009)
Issue (Month): 01 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: C/Donostia-San Sebastián, 1, 01010 Vitoria-Gasteiz
Phone: + 34 945019038
Fax: + 34945019062
Web page: http://www.euskadi.net/economia
More information through EDIRC
Postal: Dpto. de Hacienda y Finanzas, Gobierno Vasco, C/Donostia-San Sebastián, 1, 01010 Vitoria-Gasteiz, Spain
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D83 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Search, Learning, and Information
- D85 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Network Formation
- O33 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
- R58 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Regional Development Planning and Policy
- O31 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Innovation and Invention: Processes and Incentives
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Iñaki Treviño).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.