A note on the impact of EU accession on capital mobility in the case of Greece
AbstractIn Greek economic history EU accession represents a major milestone. Among other effects, it has acted as a catalyst for the country’s integration in the international economy. This paper investigates whether this can find a modicum of empirical verification in the case of capital mobility and the economy’s links with the international capital markets. It does so by examining the saving-investment correlation using both the ARDL bounds testing procedure and Kalman filter methodology. The tests cover the period 1962-2002, as well as sub-periods, and the results obtained suggests that EU membership has positively impacted capital mobility in the case of Greece.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Cyprus Economic Society and University of Cyprus in its journal Ekonomia.
Volume (Year): 8 (2005)
Issue (Month): 2 (Winter)
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models &bull Diffusion Processes
- F41 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Open Economy Macroeconomics
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Managing Editor).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.