Exchange Rate Intervention, Market Efficiency and Asset Market Returns: The Greek Experience
AbstractÔhis paper investigates the implications of exchange rate intervention on the forward market and on the asset returns in Greece during the ‘hard’ greek drachma period 1987-98, when the Central Bank of Greece frequently intervened. We examine the efficiency of the forward exchange market because Since the it influences the intervention effects on both the mean and the variance of the exchange rate.depends on the efficiency of the market we examine the efficiency of the forward exchange market In addition, by applying the causality in variance test between exchange rates and stock returns, this workwe examines the credibility of the signals provided by the Central Bank of Greece by applying the causality in variance test between exchange rates and stock returns.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Cyprus Economic Society and University of Cyprus in its journal Ekonomia.
Volume (Year): 7 (2004)
Issue (Month): 1 (Summer)
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F3 - International Economics - - International Finance
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Managing Editor).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.