Cyprus Agriculture and the Common Agricultural Policy Patterns in Neighboring Areas
AbstractIn this paper, we analyze and evaluate the consequences on the agricultural sector of the Cyprus membership in the European Union (EU). First, we briefly present and analyze the structure and the problems of the agricultural sector in Cyprus. Second, we present the Cypriot agricultural policy and we compare it with the Common Agricultural Policy (CAP) of the EU In particular, we estimate the consequences of EU membership and the adoption of CAP on the Cypriot Economy. In particular, we estimate i) the income transfers from Cypriot consumers to EU producers, ii) the subsidies that Cypriot producers will receive from the EU budget and the contribution of Cyprus to EU budget, and iii) the net impact on the Cypriot Economy from the adoption of CAP.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Cyprus Economic Society and University of Cyprus in its journal Ekonomia.
Volume (Year): 3 (1999)
Issue (Month): 2 (Winter)
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- Q17 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agriculture in International Trade
- Q18 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Policy; Food Policy
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Managing Editor).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.