The Implications of International Political Disputes on Business Interests: An Event Study
AbstractThis paper examines, via an event study approach, the effect of Greece’s veto against FYROM’s bid for NATO accession on the stocks of Greek firms conducting business in FYROM. The results show a negative effect on the stocks of these Greek firms while the veto “news” was taken into account at an earlier date rather than the actual veto announcement. This date is identified as the date when negotiations over a bilateral resolution appeared to collapse.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Cyprus Economic Society and University of Cyprus in its journal Ekonomia.
Volume (Year): 13 (2010)
Issue (Month): 1 (Summer)
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
- F51 - International Economics - - International Relations, National Security, and International Political Economy - - - International Conflicts; Negotiations; Sanctions
- F59 - International Economics - - International Relations, National Security, and International Political Economy - - - Other
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies; Insider Trading
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Managing Editor).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.