A Reply to Steven Horwitz's Commentary on "Great Expectations and the End of the Depression"
AbstractThis note responds to some issues raised by Steven Horwitz’s (EJW, September 2009) commentary on my article “Great Expectations and the End of the Depression”(AER, September 2008).
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Econ Journal Watch in its journal Econ Journal Watch.
Volume (Year): 7 (2010)
Issue (Month): 3 (September)
Great Depression; expectations; inflation; reflation; recovery; Hoover; Roosevelt; regime change;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- N12 - Economic History - - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics; Industrial Structure; Growth; Fluctuations - - - U.S.; Canada: 1913-
- N22 - Economic History - - Financial Markets and Institutions - - - U.S.; Canada: 1913-
- E60 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gauti B. Eggertsson & Benjamin Pugsley, 2006. "The Mistake of 1937: A General Equilibrium Analysis," Monetary and Economic Studies, Institute for Monetary and Economic Studies, Bank of Japan, vol. 24(S1), pages 151-190, December.
- Gauti B. Eggertsson, 2006.
"Was the New Deal contractionary?,"
264, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Gauti B. Eggertsson, 2005.
"Great expectations and the end of the depression,"
234, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Gabriel P. Mathy, 2014. "Uncertainty Shocks and Equity Return Jumps and Volatility During the Great Depression," Working Papers 2014-02, American University, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jason Briggeman) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Jason Briggeman to update the entry or send us the correct address.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.