A reactive tabu search algorithm for the multi-depot container truck transportation problem
AbstractA container truck transportation problem that involves multiple depots with time windows at both origins and destinations, including the reposition of empty containers, is formulated as a multi-traveling salesman problem with time windows (m-TSPTW) with multiple depots. Since the problem is NP-hard, a cluster method and a reactive tabu search (RTS) algorithm are developed to solve the problem. The two methods are compared with the mixed integer program which can be used to find optimum solutions for small size problems. The computational results show that the developed methods, particularly the RTS algorithm, can be efficiently used to solve the problem.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review.
Volume (Year): 45 (2009)
Issue (Month): 6 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600244/description#description
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Long, Yin & Lee, Loo Hay & Chew, Ek Peng, 2012. "The sample average approximation method for empty container repositioning with uncertainties," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 222(1), pages 65-75.
- Nossack, Jenny & Pesch, Erwin, 2013. "A truck scheduling problem arising in intermodal container transportation," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 230(3), pages 666-680.
- Lai, Michela & Crainic, Teodor Gabriel & Di Francesco, Massimo & Zuddas, Paola, 2013. "An heuristic search for the routing of heterogeneous trucks with single and double container loads," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 108-118.
- Ting, Chuan-Kang & Liao, Xin-Lan, 2013. "The selective pickup and delivery problem: Formulation and a memetic algorithm," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 141(1), pages 199-211.
- Ramos, Tânia Rodrigues Pereira & Gomes, Maria Isabel & Barbosa-Póvoa, Ana Paula, 2014. "Economic and environmental concerns in planning recyclable waste collection systems," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 34-54.
- Xue, Zhaojie & Zhang, Canrong & Lin, Wei-Hua & Miao, Lixin & Yang, Peng, 2014. "A tabu search heuristic for the local container drayage problem under a new operation mode," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 136-150.
- Zhang, Ruiyou & Lu, Jye-Chyi & Wang, Dingwei, 2014. "Container drayage problem with flexible orders and its near real-time solution strategies," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 235-251.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.